Are you ready to create your own oracle card deck?
I grew up playing cards.
I am the 4th child out of 6 kids. My Dad loved to travel and the only peaceful way to do that with the 8 of us was in a trailer pulled behind the station wagon. We traveled like that all over the USA. If it was raining, or we had our fill of being outside, we spent time in the trailer playing cards. I learned to shuffle like a poker dealer and we played for hours.
My First Deck
I created my first card deck with my son when he was in middle school. It was on Egyptian gods and goddesses. We ended up building a pyramid game board to go with it. I’m pretty sure he got an A on that one, primarily because we had tons of FUN doing it!(That is the KEY!) Years later, when we moved, I finally let it go. Boy do I regret that! I should have kept it! I loved that game, and I didn’t know that I was going to become a Game Inventor!
A few years later, the next deck I created had just 6 cards. I was running a non-profit Wellness Center in Bloomington, MN and I found that most people did not have basic wellness practices as part of their day. I developed the 6 cards with pictures from my trip to Kauai, Hawaii and 6 easy prompts to kick-start a day. I fastened them together with a round hook and I was HOOKED on cards!
I have created many card decks over the years, and when I learned to produce them, a whole new world opened up!
A Love-Hate Relationship
In the end, I have a love-hate relationship with Oracle Decks. I love how they feel, I love pulling a card. I adore the beauty, love and wisdom that is facilitated by them in a pretty little package. However, for a coach or expert making them, I hate that the seeming beauty & power gets caught up in a creative shell of doubt, uneasiness, and small thinking.
Decks are one of the easiest and most fun products you can create that is branded to you. It is aligned with your work, it is easy to market and they draw people to you who are searching to gain another piece of wisdom from your work. What I see time and again though, is overthinking and making it WAY harder than it needs to be.
Top Signs You Are Ready To Birth Your Oracle Card Deck
If you have ever thought about creating an oracle or card deck for your business, here are the top signs that it is ready to be birthed by you!
- You wake up in the middle of the night (or first thing in the morning) with a dream, an image or a prompt from the universe of something that will help you. Write it down, it’s probably your first card in the deck!
- You have a recurring dream with colors, angels, animals, ancestors or butterflies, or you dream of being pregnant. Classic creation dreams! Follow that muse down the path of least resistance. It’s deck time!
- You desire something different, something fun and something interactive to share with your clients. Decks are a great way to close the gap of engagement and completion with your clients.
- You have a shelf-full of oracle, angel, animal, totem, tarot, or life cards. It’s true, let’s face it…you’re in love. Lean into it! Your card deck will love you back. It’s time.
- You wrote a book and it’s run its course. It is no longer selling (or perhaps it never got traction). It’s time to jump-start your brilliance and get the energy flowing again with a fun deck!
Did one of those speak to you?
Are you secretly longing for an oracle or card deck?
Ready to take the fun-track of a cool, physical product without the ‘creator shell’ issues that sometimes show up?
I’d love to help you!
You can book on my calendar HERE.
This is a free call, of course, and if I feel like I can help you with what is going on in your biz, I will certainly make an offer to help. If I can’t, I will do my best to find you a resource among my trusted colleagues.
Have a fabulous & fun week!